My intelligent and in very way exceptional husband has written his own blog about who to vote for tomorrow. He included this list of how well George W Bush has done. Note the sarcasm…
- Two wars started early in his first term that will be nowhere near successfully ended by the end of his second term.
- A huge erosion of our civil liberties in the course of prosecuting those wars.
- A complete trashing of our reputation with the rest of the world and an absolute abdication of our moral high ground.
- Torture as official government policy for the first time in our history.
- A weakening of environmental legislation.
- An economic disaster that has led to completely flat wages for eight years, oil that is hovering around $4/gallon instead of the $1.38/gallon when Bush took office, record budget deficits, and a stock market that will end the Bush presidency at about the same level as it was when Bush took office eight years ago.
- The biggest attack on U.S. soil since Pearl Harbor despite a memo a month earlier titled “Bin Laden Determined to Attack Within The United States”.
- A horrifically botched response to Hurricane Katrina despite an army recommendation that the levies were vulnerable. “Heckuva job Brownie!”
- Record number and percentage of Americans without health insurance.
- The largest income disparity since right before the Great Depression.
- Zero increase to the federal minimum wage in seven years.
- Tremendous increase in government spending on discretionary programs.
- An utter failure to capture Bin Laden.
- Tax cuts overwhelmingly slanted towards the richest Americans.
Please vote. It actually matters.